COVID 19 RESPONSE & SAFETY PLAN
Dear Valued guests,
Our commitment to your health and safety
To make sure you book and stay with absolute confidence, we have launched extra care and cleanliness program, which is focused on elevating our existing high standards of hygiene and cleanliness procedures for the health and wellbeing of our guests and team members.
Extra care and cleanliness program at Powder Mountain Lodge
• We have installed plexiglass sneeze guards at the reception to protect our employees and you.
• Hand sanitizers, and gloves are available at the reception
• We are limiting 2 persons at a time for check-in (maintaining 2 meter distance)
• We are minimizing check-in time. We are encouraging check-in over phone to minimize interactions
• Check-outs only over phone. Leave the keys in the rooms for check-out.
• Call our hotel number for any requests or complaints rather than visiting reception in person
• Staffs are trained to pay particular attention to extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas (door knobs, handles, light switches, hard surfaces, night lamps, night tables, TV remote, tables, POS terminals, chairs, and washrooms).
• Increased daily cleaning and disinfection of common areas and surfaces.
• Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols.
• We only use a disinfectant that has a Drug Identification Number (DIN) and a virucidal claim.
• We follow the instructions on the label to disinfect effectively.
• We make sure to take the appropriate precautions when using chemicals for cleaning and disinfecting.
• We consult the products Safety Data Sheets and use PPE as required.
• Posters reminding to practice diligent hand hygiene at all times i.e. wash hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
• Posters reminding to maintain a physical distance of two meters from others at all times
• Posters reminding not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
• We are using only environmental friendly commercial cleaning products for disinfection and housekeeping.
• Team members are only allowed to work if healthy.
• As we implement new processes to protect the safety of our guests and team members, this results in non-essential services such our pool, hot tub, guest common kitchen and common area being temporarily closed.
Enhanced training to our staff
We continue to provide a healthy and safe work environment for all of our hotel front line workers through enhanced training of our health and safety procedures & protocols and by providing them with personal protective equipment (gloves, masks etc.) so they can continue to feel safe while taking care of guests.
Extending change and cancellation fees policy
Guided by our purpose of care and in listening to our guests, we are extending our cancellation policy to provide further flexibility to help you make travel decisions again.
• With some very limited exceptions, if have symptoms of COVID-19 or were recently exposed to someone with COVID-19, please call us right away, and we will cancel your reservation with no charge or penalty fees. Please call 250-423-4492 for reservation or cancellations.
Housekeeping & Laundry
• Our housekeeping staffs are trained to practice diligent hand hygiene at all times during their shift.
• As per BC Ministry of Health, daily housekeeping is not recommended during a guest’s stay. However, we will ensure that an adequate supply of clean towels, toilet paper, plain hand soap and shampoo is available prior to guests entering their room or left outside if the guest is staying long term as required or requested.
• We provide plastic bag for the guest to place their dirty linens in, and a plastic bag for their other waste. Guests are advised to tie laundry and waste bags shut and leave them outside their door for collection.
• We properly wash/sanitize any reusable glassware or dishes in rooms between guests or provide disposable dishes and utensils in rooms.
• Once guests have left, guest rooms are left to air-out for few hours, and fully cleaned and disinfected. Cleaners practice diligent hand hygiene before and after leaving the guest room using gloves and masks as required.
• Housekeepers are trained to complete thorough environmental cleaning on hard surfaces with an approved disinfectant.
• We launder all cloth items (e.g. sheets and towels). Garbage containers are emptied and all items left in the room by guests are discarded.
• We steam clean carpet and disinfect areas which are likely to be contaminated but cannot be laundered (plush chairs).
• Our housekeeping staffs wear disposable gloves when handling dirty laundry and discard after each use. They are trained to clean hands immediately after gloves are removed.
• We do not shake laundry to minimize possibility of dispersing virus through the air, if possible.
• We launder items using the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely.
What to Expect During Your Stay
As you know, the way we travel looks a little different right now, so we wanted to ensure you had the latest list of what to keep in mind when you prepare to travel next. Please reach out to our hotel if you have any question.
• Social Distancing – Social Distancing continues to be a recommended and required practice in public settings. During your stay, please be mindful of other guests and Team Members and maintain the suggested six feet of distance.
• Avoid unnecessary social interaction- Please avoid unnecessary talk or social interaction with other guests or our staff to stop the spread. Thank you
• Masks and Other Protective Equipment- Our staffs may wear mask and gloves while interacting with you. We encourage you to do the same. As such, we recommend bringing your own gloves and masks with you.
• No personal sleeping items allowed in the rooms- To stop the spread, and protect other guests and our employees, please do not bring your personal pillows, or blankets which may be contaminated, in our hotel rooms. If you do need extra blanket or pillows, ask us and we will be happy to give you extra items.
• No more than 2 people in the rooms – In the rooms with 2 beds, no more than 2 people are allowed except if it is a family with a kid.
• Check-in & check-out over phone – Our hotels have adjusted check-in and other processes to allow for limited contact with Team Members for continued safety. We encourage check-in and check-out over phone. No need to come to reception, unless we can’t process the payment over phone.
• Hotel Services and Amenities – For your safety and following BC Ministry of Health guidelines, our hot tub, swimming pool, communal guest kitchen, and communal guest area are closed until further notice.
• Daily housekeeping – – has been modified as per the BC Ministry of Health guidelines.
• Guest Rooms –– In guest rooms, we have elevated our rigorous protocols to thoroughly clean all surfaces with Ecolab EPA approved disinfectants.
• Extra care and cleanliness commitment – As we welcome you back to our lodge in Fernie; we are committed to providing you with a safe environment that aligns with expert protocols for working to defeat COVID-19. With this plan and extra care and cleanliness commitment, our focus is always on the health and safety of our guests and employees. As a part of our commitment of your wellbeing, we will be placing disinfecting gels in each room for your use.
We look forward to welcome you, your family and friends again soon. Take care and have a wonderful day!
Rooms and Suites
Powder Mountain Lodge has six different types of rooms and suites to choose from. From our Economy Queen Room to Standard Queen Rooms, to studios and kitchen suites, we have something for every type of traveler. Spacious and well appointed rooms at excellent value. We’ve got options for singles, couples, or bring your entire family and friends.